• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I think I have a problem with farting too much

Artificial Emotion

Bluelighter
I have a farting problem in that I fart too much. Most fart are really small and aren't a problem for most people but mine are full on proper stonkers that honk the whole flat (apartment) out. They keep coming and coming and just won't stop. I've noticed that they've left a permently lingering smell that just won't go away and this is with a carbon air scrubber setup in the flat.

I've tried upping my fiber intake but that just made it worse. I've thought of using Deflatine, which contains simethicone that is a anti-foaming agent . Simethicone consists of polydimethylsiloxane and silica gel and reduces the frequency of your farts, making the fewer ones that do come out larger or more substantial. Do you think this would work? Any other tips?

By the way, I am serious.

Yeah Ive started farting ridiculously too much over the last 10 or so months also.

Its coincided with me starting too work out and which has also changed my diet. I a little healthier now, with more protein and more fibre.
THats the only reason I can come up with really - changed diet...

I never used to fart alot, but when I did they wouldnt stink...but now..I have some that are seriously out of control stinky...like you described...

So any further answers would be good for me too!!

How long has this farting been going on for? maybe its something ur eating, maybe see a doc about it coz u may have a allergic reaction to something.
I dont no how if u are drug taking but i know when i was taking drugs and not eatting much in the day or night, I'd ended up with a lot of gasses in the gut coz my tummy didnt have anything to work with. Just dont forget to eat and eat good food.

I find that it doesn't matter so much what I eat (though I eat like 75% raw, fruits and vegetables, and grains--i.e. healthy), but how I combine the foods. Eating something that is hard to digest right before eating something that is easy to digest--logically, this will cause that food to ferment in your stomach, resulting in gas and feelings of unease. Check out food combination charts on Google.

Stress also tends to cause upset stomach.

Some foods are known to be gas-forming, such as beans, carbonated drinks, milk products and cabbage. Try cutting back on these first. If that doesn't help, taking an enzyme supplement like Beano before large meals might be useful.

It would probably be good to focus on your overall digestive health by taking probiotics, fiber supplements and other digestive supplements for a while. I too have dealt with lifelong gas and bloating issues and it's not pleasant.

Artificial Emotion, aren't you the one who takes mirtazapine?

I used to take mirtazapine (an AD) and it made me fart a lot so i stopped taking it.

Things that make me more gassy.

Candy
Alcohol
being stoned and munching a million different random things.

I'm the least gassy when I eat solid meals of healthy food, and that's it. ......go figure huh

What changed said, it's so much what you eat but the combinations of foods you eat.

I know I shouldn't mix proteins and carbs in the same meal due to a sluggish digestive system.
And one of my favourite dishes is spaghetti and mince meatballs. :(

Yep, as others have said, food combinations, or foods your body doesn't like all together.

Probiotic rich foods might offer some relief and help you digest, although beware, they can cause crazy gas as your system gets used to them.

How can you not mix protein and carbs? lol

Easily. Eat your proteins with leafy green salads, and your carbs (rice) with veggies. Everything has some protein in it but mixing a large chunk, like a steak, with a huge plate of potatoes, for example, would be harder to digest.

high protein diets lead to excessive flatulence. A small price to pay for bein HYYYOOOOOOGGGEEE haha

I really enjoy farting in the bath. Sorry I can't help you A.E but I just wanted to get that off my chest

I really enjoy farting in the bath. Sorry I can't help you A.E but I just wanted to get that off my chest

I hate farting in the bathtub. It seems the only time I take a bath is when I'm sick or something, because I'm always farting in there... The way they slide out your ass then ride up your leg and then the fumes escape the water and you can instantly tell it's going to be noxious; sure enough, it makes you want vomit, but there is nowhere to go because you'd get everything wet if you got out now. Then, to top it off, the water is now fouled, preventing you from enjoying the rest of the bath.

I had to read this thread as i have found im also fartin like a ,well i dunno???
lol anyway i know its from my diet of superstore brand white chedder KD.
Man i have never in my life farted so much in my life since i eat that KD stuff everyday..
This thread is to funny lol.....

One of the biggest things you can do is to chew your food really thoroughly, especially foods high in cholesterol and protein.

^ Don't do this. I tried it the day before yesterday after seeing a cool demo on Youtube. Lets just say I didn't do it with my pants or underwear on and 'singed' myself quite badly.

maybe get an enema,

serious fart smell is an indicator of something foul up your ass, hopefully you don't have to get the gerbal surgically removed